Lockdown Updates from Milton Keynes Council
Posted on 5th November 2020 at 17:42
Household Waste Recycling Centres – Remain open
The HWRCs will remain open because the introduction of the booking system allows us to maintain social distancing however, in line with government advice, residents should decide if a trip to the ‘tip’ is an essential journey.
All three sites continue to remain open; Newport Pagnell, Bleak Hall and New Bradwell will be open 7 days a week with winter open hours from 8am -5pm. Booking is essential. No booking, no entry. We introduced measures to make sure that workers and the public maintain social distancing at these sites, including the booking system which staggers the number of people and keeps queues to a minimum.
A 15 minute slot can be booked by contacting Customer Services on 01908 252811 or booking online here. This is for essential visits only for waste that cannot be safely stored at home.
The safety of the public and our teams is essential so anyone who feels ill with COVID-19 symptoms must not visit the sites. HWRC staff will not be able to assist with carrying items so please ensure that you come to the tip with whoever helped you load heavy items into your vehicle.
Other services will continue to operate as usual but we will continue to monitor the impact of the virus and lockdown on our frontline workers and if this impacts considerably the workforce, adjustments will need to be made to accommodate staff shortages.
This means that there is no impact to waste and recycling collections including food and garden waste collections and bulky waste collection service. The waste collection pilot will also continue as planned.
Play areas – Open
Play areas will remain open however when thinking about a visit to play areas, please make sure you:
- Stay at home if you or your children are displaying symptoms of coronavirus, and get a test
- Bring hand sanitiser and use it before and after entering the play area
- Bring wipes and wipe down any equipment your children wish to use, before and after use
- Supervise children at all times, with a maximum of 1 parent/carer per child
- Only allow one child on each piece of equipment at a time
- Maintain social distancing
- Do not allow your child to touch their face while in the play area
- Do not eat or drink anything within the play area
- Take away any litter or rubbish that you have
These rules also apply to the outdoor gym equipment.
Tagged as: Covid 19
Share this post: